History of E&H
Enfield & Haringey AC was formed in 1999 with the merger of Borough of Enfield Harriers (BoEH) and Haringey AC. BoEH was created in 1965 by the amalgamation of Enfield AC, founded in 1920, and Ponders End AC (1922).
Haringey AC was originally Southgate Harriers, a club formed in 1932 by a breakaway group from the Southgate & Wood Green Sports Association.
In 1974, Southgate AC moved its HQ from Broomfield Park to White Hart Lane Community Sports Centre and adopted the title Haringey & Southgate AC which was later shortened to Haringey AC.
Enfield and Haringey AC – and while under its former names – has produced a considerable number of successful athletes, including many Olympians and one Olympic champion: Sebastian Coe…